Facilitator: Mike Berry
Dates: January 31, 2018; 8:30 am registration; 9-3:30 pm
Audience: K-12 Administrators/Educational Leaders/Coaches
Are you a school leader (perhaps recently trained by Jim Knight or recently having read Knight’s: “Focus on Teaching”) and you want to learn more about the logistics of making the videos?
Spend a day with Mike Berry to gain the confidence in selecting video tools and strategies to use that will allow you to concentrate on the learning you gain from the experience without the worry of how to set it up.
* What type of video cameras are available for taping meetings, lessons, trainings?
* What are the benefits of using videography to support professional learning (your own as well as others)?
* How can I practice on myself -and see myself as others see me when I facilitate?
* How do I set up the camera to be unobtrusive so that it blends in?
* How do I pick up the sound from far away?
* What do I focus on…. teacher? students? – GPS tracking support?
* Once the video is complete… how do I edit and share it to make it usable?
* What supports are available to annotate so that I can make some comments
– or the teacher and I can each comment on the video itself?
* Who stores and keeps the video and where should that go?
Participants should bring their video technology (smart phones, video camera, etc.) to practice with throughout the day.
Mike Berry’s blog: https://michaelberryedu.wordpress.com/
Mike Berry’s YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCObIMShS1u5sqzPxzbrD5Vw