Lower Mountain View Dr
Colchester, VT 05446
A 2 Day Workshop with Peter DeWitt, Ed.D. (Knight Consultant)
Dates: August 8 & 9, 2017; 8:30 am registration; 9-3:30 pm
Target Audience: Instructional Coaches and Leaders
When instructional coaches receive the support they need to be effective and efficient, they have a profound, positive impact on teaching and learning. Participants will understand coaching cycle and utilize a partnership approach. Participants will also learn leadership skills that will encourage school-wide reform, build consistency, and spread ideas across schools.
Specifically, the seminar addresses the following questions:
• What is instructional coaching and how does it differ from other forms of coaching?
• What can a coach do to foster commitment in others?
• What is the theoretical foundation of instructional coaching?
• What are the various activities instructional coaches do (enrolling teachers, pre-conferencing, observing classes, modeling in and outside the classroom, and debriefing), and what are the effective ways in which they should be conducted?
• What does research say about effective coaching practices?
• How can coaches build coherence and disseminate ideas across schools?
• Which leadership skills enable coaches to lead reform efforts in their schools?