South Burlington, VT 05403
A 2 Day Institute with Dr. Thomas Guskey/Full-Waitlist available
Dates: April 4 & 5, 2017
Target Audience: Educational teams & leaders focused on proficiency-based grading and learning
In this engaging, 2-day institute, grading expert Thomas Guskey will guide you in developing assessment and grading practices that are better for students, do not create excessive work for teachers, and gain the support of parents and others. You will learn common pitfalls of implementation and how to avoid them, as well as how to ensure broad-based support.
After participating in this workshop, you will:
• Understand the key components of standards-based learning and grading.
• Uncover the common pitfalls districts typically face in implementing standards-based learning and grading.
• Know how to apply standards-based grading with exceptional and struggling learners.
• Understand the prerequisites schools must meet for successful standards-based learning and grading implementation.
• Participate in a reflective, guided, peer-review process to gain specific feedback of draft policies and documents related to standards-based learning and grading.
• Through guided support from Dr. Guskey, you will create a plan for next steps in the implementation process.
For more information about Dr. Guskey visit CVEDC’s “About our Presenters” page online.Join Our Mailing List