Champlain Valley Educator Development Center (CVEDC)
is Vermont’s largest educational service agency (ESA), with professional learning opportunities reaching educators throughout Vermont. For 15+ years, our non-profit mission has been to improve schools through quality professional learning. Our current and primary focus is Supporting our Members Implementing Effective Instruction in a Proficiency-Based, Personalized Learning Environment. You will see featured events on this home page, however take a look at all of our events using the drop-down menu above for Course and Workshop Events to find a series, workshop or course that fits your needs. We bring the best experts in the country to Vermont to support our educational initiatives, as well as local experts, to maintain ongoing collaborative learning through in -person, hybrid and online learning environments.
Champlain Valley Educator Development Center (CVEDC) members are from Northwestern and Western Vermont (Addison, Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle and part of Washington Counties). CVEDC consists of 17 supervisory unions, and provides educational services to over 35,000 students, or almost 40% of the total PreK-12 student population of Vermont. Educators from around the state of Vermont come to our events and courses with very positive experiences.
In the 2019-20 school year, you will see us continue with Standards-Based (proficiency-based) learning opportunities, personalized approaches to your own teaching and for our offerings to you, Coaching Corner breakouts for your team to learn how to extend the reach of the new strategies, and with a focus on EQUITY we are pleased to bring in Courageous Conversations (PEG) to offer institutes in Beyond Diversity and the LEADS Administrator series. Member sign-ups through April 24th, then registration will open below. We will continue to support finding balance in your own lives and in the classroom with Mindfulness offerings, and content specific best practices in content areas.
CVEDC believes that it is critical to support our leaders and coaches as they embark on their leadership journey with a cohort to learn with and facilitators who can bring them expertise and, indeed, a place to call their own network of learners. We now run cohorts (with graduate credit) for Principals, Curriculum Leaders and Educational Coaches.
CVEDC’s mission is school improvement through quality professional learning. The goals of the organization are:
- to research, identify and implement best practices that result in enhanced learning, development and student performance
- to create a strong network of professionals who can work collaboratively across school districts to support young people and their families;
- to build capacity of The Center by nurturing the growth and development of local practitioners who can provide high quality professional development for the region;
- to provide leadership and support to school districts as they develop and sustain their own professional development systems;
- to provide support and development for regional leaders, both administrators and teachers and build leadership capacity;
- and to secure financial and human resources necessary to sustain and advance the mission of the Center.
CVEDC Board of Directors
- Caitlin Steele, ACSD
- Sheila Soule, ANWSD
- Stephanie Phillips, BSD
- Christian Courtemanche, MMUUSD Secretary
- Megan Grube, CIUSD Treasurer
- Gwen Carmolli, CSD President
- Jeff Evans, CVSD
- Beth Cobb, EWSD
- Beth O’Brien, FNESU
- Linda Keating, FWSU
- Catrina DiNapoli, MAUSD
- Libby Bonesteel, MRSD
- Heather O’Dell, MRUSD
- Tammy Boone, MTSD
- Kosha Patel, MVSD
- Michael Martin, SBSD
- Kirsten Kollgaard, WSD
- Lauren Wooden, CVEDC Executive Director
Members at Large
- Erin Maguire, Special Education Director
- Cathy Quinn, St. Michael’s College