Creating a Do-able System for Acting on Real-Time Learning Feedback and Workable Interventions
2 Workshop Option Dates: June 26 and October 11, 2018
Hours: 8:30 registration 9:00-3:30 light breakfast and lunch included)(12 hours recertification hours)
Target Audience: Grades K-5 Classroom Teachers & Special Educators
June – In this day-long session we will investigate multiple ways to integrate assessment with instruction in a variety of ways. Instead of stopping instruction to do assessments (unit tests, SBAC, etc.), we will explore ways to embed assessment within instruction. The assessment information that we will collect will give immediate feedback on our instruction and give valuable information on “next steps”.
· Review the various types of assessments and their uses regarding reading instruction
· Explore this model of embedding assessment into instruction
· Consider this model within the current year-long assessment plan that each educator works with
· Make a plan for implementing some of these embedded assessment tasks at the beginning of the next school year
· Explore possibilities for capturing student learning
· Create instructional plans for groups of students.
October – During this second session, we will review our learning goals and then dive into this concept of embedding assessment into instruction in order to gather the information we need to plan focused instruction.
At this point in the school year, participants should have several samples of student work. We will use these documents to practice how to glean information that can be used to make instructional decisions. We’ll do this as a whole group and then participants will have the opportunity to use their own students’ work to plan specific instruction. They can use their own local learning goals to accomplish this goal.
Planning sheets and other useful documents will be shared and discussed.
There will be an online #twitterchat between the two sessions. Participants can discuss strategies being tried and will create a supportive community to maintain the dialogue.
1 full recertification credit if both the June and October sessions with additional online hours (such as #Twitter Chat)Join Our Mailing List