Lower Mountain View Road
Presenter Info: Annie O’Shaughnessy, M.Ed in Mindfulness
Date: Wednesday December 6, 2017 8:30 registration 9:00-3:30 light breakfast and lunch included
Teachers do not to have wait for their school to fully implement RP in order to experience the powerful benefits in their classroom. In fact, the most effective full school implementations begin with a single teacher experiencing and then sharing out how RP transformed his or her classroom. We invite you to be that teacher!
In this experiential and informative workshop, participants will learn the concepts, practices and techniques to begin building a stronger learning community right away. Participants will:
● Learn the theory and structure of how Tier 1 Restorative Practices work to create safe, collaborative and supportive learning environments (with special consideration of the challenges disruptive students present.)
● Explore and reflect on the basic assumptions and beliefs of Restorative Practices and how to make them more explicit in our classrooms.
● Practice restorative communication skills to prevent escalation and build collaborative relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
● Learn and practice ways to regulate their own and student’s energy throughout the day.
● Learn and practice ways to weave fun connection activities into daily routines.
● Experience a community building circle and design your own.
● Learn 7 things a teacher can do to make their Tier 1 circles more effective.
There are many reasons why we need schools to be implementing Restorative Practices, but this seminar is inspired by the great and urgent need for students to become active, engaged citizens who value community, know how to listen empathetically, and can communicate effectively with presence and heart. Please join other dedicated educators for an inspiring day of learning and fun!
*Includes a resource binder!
About our Presenter: Annie O’Shaughnessy has an M.Ed in Mindfulness for Educators, Level I & II Training in Modern Mindfulness, Level 1 & 2 Restorative Justice, CircleWork Leadership Training and Restorative Justice Summer Institute and has taught Mindfulness, Restorative Practices and Rites of Passage to K12 Educators.
|Date:||August 25, 2017|